To bind the mouse wheel to the “jump” action in CSGO, you will need to use a command in the console. Before that, you will need to decide whether you want to bind “mouse wheel down” or “mouse wheel up” to the jump action. The command for “mouse wheel up” is “bind mwheelup +jump” and the one for “mouse wheel down” is “bind mwheeldown +jump”.
The primary reason why CSGO players want to do this is either to allow them to spam the jump key so they can easily perform the Bhop or because they just want to bind the spacebar to some other action. Regardless of the reasons why you want to bind the “jump” action onto the mouse wheel, here is our complete step-by-step guide on how to do so.
- Step 1: Enter the in-game settings of CSGO and make sure that the developer console is enabled.
- Step 2: To test the changes as you make them, enter a private or public lobby. We recommend entering a private lobby as you won’t have to worry about getting killed by enemies while you test the changes.
- Step 3: Press the “~” key to open the console.
- Step 4: To bind “mouse wheel up” to the jump action, type “bind mwheelup +jump” in the console and press “Enter”.
- Step 5: To bind “mouse wheel down” to the jump action, type “bind mwheeldown +jump” in the console and press “Enter”.