Changing the mic in CSGO is fairly simple, but most people have trouble doing it because it can not be done from the in-game settings. While you can easily change the output device from the in-game settings, there is no way to change the input device.
To change the mic in CSGO, you will need to close the game and open the Steam launcher. Once Steam is opened click on the “Friends & Chat” option located in the lower right corner of the Steam window. A new window will pop up where you will be able to see a small gear icon in its upper left corner. Click on it to open the settings. Now another window will open up. Here you need to click on the “Voice” section where you can easily switch the input device. To make it easier for you, here is a step-by-step guide on how to change the mic in CSGO.
- Step 1: Close the game.
- Step 2: Open Steam.
- Step 3: Click on the “Friends & Chat” option located in the lower right corner of the Steam window.
- Step 4: Click on the settings icon.
- Step 5: Open the “Voice” section in the new settings window.
- Step 6: Click on the downward-facing arrow under the “VOICE INPUT DEVICE” option.
- Step 7: A selection of microphones will show up especially if you have multiple microphones connected to your computer. Choose whichever microphone you want to switch to for CSGO.