Are you bored with all the workshop maps you added in CSGO? If you don’t want to play on those maps anymore, you can delete them. To help you with that, here is our complete guide on deleting workshop maps in CSGO.
- You can easily delete workshop maps in CSGO by going to the “Workshop Items” section in Steam and unsubscribing to the maps you want to remove.
- After unsubscribing, you need to delete the corresponding map files from your Steam library. These files are located in the csgo > maps > workshop folder.
- When deleting the files, be sure to double-check which folder belongs to which map to avoid accidentally deleting the wrong files and causing issues with your game.
Step-By-Step Guide on How to Delete CSGO Workshop Maps
To delete a workshop map, go to the “Workshop Items” section in Steam and unsubscribe. After that, you need to delete some files.
Here is a complete step-by-step guide on how to do that.
- Step 1: Click on your account name in the upper right section of Steam and click on the “View my profile” option.
- Step 2: Click on the “Workshop Items” option.
- Step 3: Click on the “Subscribed Items” option.
- Step 4: Click on the “Unsubscribe” option next to all the maps you want to remove.
- Step 5: Open file explorer and open your Steam library.
- Step 6: Go to steamapps > common > Counter-Strike Global Offensive > csgo > maps > workshop.
- Step 7: Once inside the “workshop” folder, you will see several folders with a stream of a number. Each of these folders represents the files of a workshop map. Open each one of them to figure out what map they are for.
- Step 9: Once you have figured out which folder is for what map, delete that folder but remember the stream of numbers that the folder is named after.
- Step 10: Go back to the maps folder and open the graphs folder and then the workshop folder.
- Step 11: Select the folder with the same stream of numbers as the folder you just deleted, and delete it.
You don’t need to keep all workshop maps forever. Better maps keep getting added to the CSGO workshop. Fortunately, you now know how to delete workshop maps you don’t need.
Can I delete multiple workshop maps at once?
Yes, you can unsubscribe to multiple workshop maps at once by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” option next to each map in the “Subscribed Items” section of the Steam Workshop.
Do I need to delete all the files related to a workshop map?
Yes, you should delete all the files related to a workshop map to remove it from your game fully.
What happens if I delete the wrong files or folders?
Deleting the wrong files or folders may cause issues with your game or even require you to reinstall it. Double-check which folder belongs to which map to avoid any potential problems.
Can I recover deleted workshop maps?
Once you delete the workshop map files, they are permanently removed from your game. You need to re-subscribe to the map and download it again to use it.
Can I delete workshop maps that are part of a server map rotation?
If the workshop map is part of a server map rotation, you may be unable to delete it from your game files. However, you can contact the server administrator to remove the map from the process.