When you get an annoying teammate who keeps sabotaging the match to make your team lose, your gaming experience can be ruined for the day. Fortunately, thanks to the “Kick Player” feature in CS2, you don’t have to deal with those players. Here is a complete guide on how to kick a player in CS2.
- In CS2, you can kick annoying teammates by initiating a vote through the in-game menu.
- To kick a player, press “Esc,” choose “Call vote…” and then select “Kick Player…” from the in-game menu.
- Click on the name of the player you wish to kick, and once a majority of players vote in favor, they will be removed from the match.
- Kicking disruptive players is an effective way to improve your gaming experience in CS2, and it usually doesn’t require convincing teammates to vote for the kick.
Kicking a Player in CS2
To kick a player in a match of CS2, you have to initiate a vote. To do that, start by pressing the “Esc” key. As you do that, the in-game menu will open up. Now, click the “Call vote…” option and then the “Kick Player…” option. From the list of players on your screen, click on the name of the one you wish to kick, and the voting sequence will initiate. Once enough players vote in favor, the player will get kicked. To help you better understand the process, here is a step-by-step guide on it.
- Step 1: Launch CS2 and enter a match.
- Step 2: Press the “Esc” key to open the in-game menu.
- Step 3: Click the “Call vote…” option from the in-game menu.
- Step 4: Click the “Kick Player…” option from the tiny new window that pops up.
- Step 5: From the list of names in the new window that appears on the screen, click on the name of the player you wish to kick.
- Step 6: The voting sequence to kick that player will initiate. Now, wait for your team to vote. If the majority votes to kick, the player will get kicked.
One of the best ways to deal with annoying players is simply to kick them from the match. Since the rest of the team will probably be annoyed by that player, you won’t have to worry about convincing your teammates to vote to kick that player. Carefully follow the step-by-step guide above so you can avoid any issues.
How do I initiate a vote to kick a player in CS2?
To kick a player, press the “Esc” key, open the in-game menu, click “Call vote…,” and then select “Kick Player.” Choose the player’s name from the list, and the voting sequence will begin.
Do I need the entire team to agree to kick a player?
No, you don’t need the entire team to agree. Kicking a player in CS2 is based on a majority vote. If enough players on your team vote in favor, the player will be kicked.
Can I use this feature to kick players on the opposing team?
No, the “Kick Player” feature in CS2 is designed to kick players only from your own team. You cannot use it to kick players on the opposing team.
What if the player I want to kick is a friend or a teammate I like, but they’re trolling?
Kicking should be reserved for players who are genuinely disruptive. If a friend or a teammate is trolling, it’s a good idea to communicate with them first and try to resolve the issue within your team before resorting to a kick vote.
How can I tell if a player has been successfully kicked from the match?
After a successful vote to kick a player, you’ll typically see a message indicating that the player has been removed from the game. If the vote fails, the player will remain in the match.