To talk in CSGO, firstly you will need to make sure that you have plugged in a mic to your computer. After connecting a mic to your computer, you can start the game and use the “push-to-talk” button to start talking in CSGO. The default button for “push-to-talk” in CSGO is the “V” key.
That being said, the push-to-talk feature might not be working for you. The primary reason for this is that the talking feature is disabled for you. It is quite often that this feature is disabled by default. To enable it, head on over to the “Audio Settings” of the in-game settings and then set the “Enable Voice” setting to the “PRESS TO USE MIC” option. Here is a step-by-step guide that you can use to talk in CSGO.
- Step 1: Make sure that you have a mic connected to your computer and it is working properly.
- Step 2: Enter a match and press the “V” key to see if the “push-to-talk” feature is working or not.
- Step 3: If it is not working, open the in-game settings for CSGO.
- Step 4: In the in-game settings, select the “Audio Settings” tab.
- Step 5: Find the “Enable Voice” setting and set it to “PRESS TO USE MIC”.
- Step 5: Now go to the Keyboard/Mouse tab in the in-game settings.
- Step 6: Scroll down to the “communication keys” section.
- Step 7: Set the “Use Mic” option to whatever key you want.
- Step 8: Use the key that you set for the “Use Mic” option in a match to talk.