CSGO has a diverse in-game cosmetic system with tons of unique weapon skins. You won’t be able to find two skins that are similar to each other. Verity for CSGO skins goes even deeper than their design and color, with other elements like Float Value. However, not a lot of gamers know what Float Value is. Here is a complete explanation of the Float Value of CSGO skins.
- Float Value, also known as Wear Rating, is a number assigned to each CSGO skin to determine its quality and condition.
- CSGO skins have five quality types based on their level of wear: Factory New, Minimal Wear, Field-Tested, Well-Worn, and Battle-Scarred.
- The Float Value ranges for each quality type vary from 0.00 to 1.00, with lower Float Values indicating better condition and higher Float Values indicating more wear and tear.
- Understanding Float Value can be helpful for CSGO players who want to trade or sell their skins, as it affects the skin’s value in the market.
- Finally, while the article does not provide any information on how to check the Float Value of a skin, players can use external websites or in-game console commands to do so.
CSGO Float Value Explained
Float Value, or Wear Rating, tells where a CSGO skin lies on the quality or wear spectrum. CSGO skins have multiple variants. Some are in pristine condition with zero scratches, while others have tons of scratches and color fading. The quality types for CSGO weapon skins include Factory New (the most pristine condition), Minimal Wear, Field-Tested, Well-Worn, and Battle-Scarred.
Float Value is the number that determines where a skin lies in terms of its quality. For example, the Factory New weapon skins will have a float value of 0.00 to 0.07. In the same way, Minimal Wear skins have a float value of 0.07 to 0.15, Field-Tested skins have a float value of 0.15 to 0.38, Well-Worn skins have a float value of 0.38 to 0.45, and finally, Battle-Scarred skins have a float value of 0.45 to 1.00.
Flot Value is a number that gets assigned to each skin in CSGO, and it determines the quality of the skin. Skin with a high Float Value closer to 1 will have many scratches and won’t look great. A float value closer to 0.00 will look the best with zero scratches.
How is Float Value determined for CSGO skins?
The amount of wear determines Float Value and tear a skin has. It is assigned a number from 0.00 to 1.00 based on the skin’s quality type.
What are the quality types for CSGO skins?
CSGO skins have five quality types based on their level of wear: Factory New, Minimal Wear, Field-Tested, Well-Worn, and Battle-Scarred.
What is the difference between a skin with a high and a low Float Value?
A skin with a high Float Value (closer to 1.00) will have more scratches and signs of wear, while a skin with a low Float Value (more comparable to 0.00) will look more pristine and new.
Does Float Value affect the value of CSGO skins?
Yes, Float Value can affect the value of CSGO skins. Generally, skins with lower Float Values are considered more valuable, as they are rarer and look better.
How can I check the Float Value of a CSGO skin?
You can check the Float Value of the skin using external websites or in-game console commands. In addition, there are several websites and tools available that can help you determine the Float Value of a skin.