CSGO config is a file containing the information of your settings in CSGO. If you want, you can add a custom config file that will change your CSGO settings according to the config file. Here’s how you can add a CSGO config.
Step-By-Step Guide on How to Add CSGO Config
To add a CSGO config file, you must go to the location where your existing CSGO config is and then replace it with the new config file.
The process is a bit complicated. Here is a step-by-step guide that explains the process in detail.
- Step 1: Launch Steam, click on your account name in the upper right section, and click on the “view my profile” option.
- Step 2: Click on the “Inventory” option.
- Step 3: Click on the “Trade Offers” button.
- Step 4: Click on the “Who can send me Trade Offers” option.
- Step 5: Scroll down a bit to find your Trade URL. In your Trade URL, you will find a stream of numbers like 4414421. Memorize this number.
- Step 6: Open the file explorer and find where you have installed all the Steam files. (Note: we aren’t talking about your Steam library) The location is most likely Program Files (x86).
- Step 7: Open the “userdata” folder.
- Step 8: You might see multiple folders with a stream of numbers. Open the one with the same stream of numbers from your Trade URL.
- Step 9: Open the folder named 730, then the local folder, and then cfg.
- Step 10: Inside the cfg folder, you will find your CSGO config. To change it, paste a custom config file in the cfg folder and replace the existing one. Make sure to create a backup of the original files before adding a custom config.
Adding a CSGO config allows you to change your in-game settings according to the config file. Now you know how to add a CSGO config.