Reaching Master Guardian 1 is one of the main goals of players that are hard-stuck in Gold Nova. Here is a complete explanation of what it means to be Master Guardian 1, how hard it is to rank up from MG1, and more. This article was updated in 2023.
How Good Is The Master Guardian 1 Rank?
Master Guardian 1 is a great rank in CS2. Once someone reaches this skill group, they are no longer considered an average CS2 player. Instead, they are much more skilled than the average CS2 player base.
Master Guardian 1 makes up about 7.4% of all CS2 players. While 25% of CS2 players are in skill groups higher than Master Guardian 1, MG1 players are still better than about 67% of the CS2 player base. An MG1 player would have no trouble defeating someone from Silver 1 to Gold Nova 1.
How Hard Is It To Move Up From Master Guardian 1?
Moving up from Master Guardian 1 is pretty hard. At this point, you won't see many players who make mistakes you can take advantage of. The average player you encounter at Master Guardian 1 is much more attentive and alert, and defeating them won't be a walk in the park.
One thing that can give you an edge over those players is teamwork since one of the main skills lacking in the Master Guardian 1 skill group is teamwork. Start communicating with your team more and try to play as a team, and your chances of ranking up will go higher.
What Skills Should Master Guardian 1 Players Have?
MG1 players are much more polished in all the skills lower-ranked players have, but they also develop newer skills. Here are some skills expected from a Master Guardian 1 player:
- Above Average Recoil Control: Firstly, an MG1 player should be able to control most weapons in CS2. MG1 players should be able to outgun enemy players in a single spray.
- Near Perfect Aim: MG1 players should also have precise aim, easily being able to snap onto the heads of enemy targets using only their muscle memory.
- Mental Resilience: Staying calm in intense situations is crucial. MG1 players should have enough mental resilience to know when to push aggressively and when to walk without making any sound.
- Map Knowledge: After reaching the MG1 skill group, a player must have played all popular maps several times and have learned all locations within those maps.
- Attentiveness: One of the distinctive qualities of MG1 players and ones in lower ranks is that MG1 players don't make as many mistakes. The main reason is that they are much more alert and attentive in ranked matches.
- Throwing Smokes: Smokes and other throwables are a big part of CS2. At MG1, players should know how to use smokes and flashbangs effectively to clear or push plant sites.
Master Guardian 1 is a very good rank CS2. MG1 players are not average CS2 players and have developed and polished many skills. Keep working on your skills, and you'll eventually rank up from MG1.
What percentage of players are in the Master Guardian 1 rank?
Master Guardian 1 represents approximately 7.4% of all CS2 players.
How difficult is it to rank up from Master Guardian 1?
Progressing from MG1 is challenging, as players encounter more skilled opponents with better teamwork.
What skills are crucial for Master Guardian 1 players?
MG1 players should excel in recoil control, precise aim, mental resilience, map knowledge, attentiveness, and using throwables effectively.
How can I improve my chances of ranking up from MG1?
Focus on communication and teamwork, practice individual skills, and analyze gameplay to identify areas for improvement.
Can an MG1 player outperform lower-ranked players easily?
Yes, an MG1 player would typically have no trouble defeating opponents from Silver 1 to Gold Nova 1 skill groups.